1. All the performance should be either for Kannada or Karnataka based music/song. We allow TuLu and Coorgi performance as the regional performances from Karnataka.
2. Entries for Ugadi 2017 are closed on March 5th 2017.
3. The deadline for receiving all entries is March 5th 2017 Entry forms sent to personal email ids of SKS Volunteers will not be accepted.
4. Participation is free for current members of SKS (you need to buy discounted tickets for entry and food separately though). If not already, please visit http://sahyadrikannadasangha.org/membership to become an SKS member. However non- members, if you would like to showcase your talent during this event, may be able to do so by submitting a participation fee of $5 per non-member participant. In addition to this, you will have to buy full price entry ticket(mandatory) and food separately(if needed)
All Participants are required to buy tickets in advance(before choreographers meet) to ensure smooth and early access to backstage.
5. All participants should be minimum 5 years old.
6. Program Participation- Kids can participate in one program and adults can participate in two programs. We do not accept SOLO entries for kids under the age of 13 since we have limited time.
7. All entries will be accepted on a first come first serve basis and SKS maintains the final discretion to accept/reject entries.
8. The SKS coordinators will not accept more than one entry with the same song/instrumental music. MP3s for the performance needs to be sent before March 5th. We will not accept the MP3s after that. Please ensure you send the MP3s on-time to ensure our A/V co-ordinators have enough time to try it out.
9. The SKS coordinators will schedule and assign the order of events. Requests for changes will NOT be entertained.
10. The minimum duration (length) of the program should be 3 minutes, NOT to exceed 7 minutes including set-up and removal. Participants may be asked to cut short the duration if it exceeds the time limit provided by SKS Seattle.
11. A choreographer’s meet will be scheduled no later than March 2nd weekend. If you are unable to participate in this meeting, please designate an alternate contact to represent your program during this meeting. Please submit the participants list before the Choreographers meet. Failure to send a representation for your group will automatically disqualify your group/team from participating since we need to be fair to volunteers and others who make time to attend this meeting.
12. Please discuss your special requirements, suggestions etc. with the SKS coordinators at this meeting.
13. No changes to submissions will be accommodated – including changes to the music/song, participants, duration of the performance, etc. post choreographers meet.
14. SKS will not be providing trophies to individuals/groups this year. Instead we will enroll kids under our kids appreciation program and Kids with the year around participation will get special prizes at the end of the year.
Sahyadri Kannada Sangha (SKS) thanks you in advance for your cooperation. We look forward to working with you. We will meet you all at the mandatory choreographers meeting. Please stay tuned for more details.
Sahyadri Kannada Sangha (SKS) event Coordinators